Great news for IB Senior Ellen Jones!
Ellen received a full ride scholarship to Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. This scholarship was presented to Ellen from the Assistant Direct of Admission from Mercer University and consists of the full cost of tuition, books, room, meal plan, iPad and an additional $16,000 paid every year towards her educational needs. The total amount of this scholarship is estimated to be $350,000!!! Let’s all congratulate Ellen for her hard work and dedication in IB.
This scholarship is well deserved… CONGRATULATIONS Ellen!!!
Great news for IB Senior Payson Keown!
Congratulations again to Payson, and best of luck for upcoming award opportunities!!!
Established in 1968 to provide students with a balanced education by facilitating geographic and cultural mobility, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme was the first programme offered by the IB and is typically taught to students in the 11th and 12th grades in the United States. As of September 3, 2019, there are 3,421 schools offering the DP in 157 different countries.
The Haines City High School International Baccalaureate East Diploma Programme offers a rich academic program of study aligned with our school’s mission statement as well as the mission statement of the International Baccalaureate Organization.
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
News & Announcements
Benefits of the IB Programme
- Automatically qualify for Florida Academic Scholar (100% Bright Futures Scholarship)
- Earn an average of 40 college credits
- Positively impact University admissions
- Community Service Opportunities
- Opportunities for prestigious scholarships
- Educational travel programs that blend classroom, digital and experiential learning.
- Develop multilingual skills
What Makes IB Different?
IB programs are different from other curricula because they:
- Encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- Develop independently or through government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- Encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global context
- Develop multilingual students
- Students who meet high school graduation requirements and successfully complete the IB Diploma Programme will earn an IB Diploma.
Learn more about the Diploma Programme curriculum by visiting ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/.